Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ben X

I was going to post about my daughter although there is little to report. Then, just as I turned on my laptop a foreign film called Ben X appeared on my television. I ended up watching it. It was an amazing movie! The story revolves around a teenager who has Asperger's syndrome who is bullied every day. He retreats into an online world for solace. It managed to be unique in it's ability to make you feel and see life through the main character's eyes while addressing an ongoing problem world wide of cyber-bullying in a very interesting and thought provoking way. I usually have a hard time watching movies with subtitles but this movie kept my attention in a way that few movies ever do.

I HIGHLY suggest you rent this film but do not google it. I am glad I didn't until after I watched the entire film. It has some details that you do not want spoiled. I rarely praise films these days but as a mom facing the fact that my daughter may end up seeing the world in a  different way, this movie spoke to me on a very personal level. But had I seen this movie years ago I would be singing its praises anyway. Amazing film.

No comments:

Post a Comment